General Data Protection Privacy Statement
The Society’s objective is to be fully compliant with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into force on the 25th May, 2018. This statement documents what data we hold on individual Members of the Society and what we do to protect it.
- The Society holds the following data on its Members:
– Postal Address
– Email Address
- This data has been provided directly by the Member, except in the case of Family and Group Membership, where the data has been provided by the lead Member.
- The Society has a legitimate interest in holding the data about its Members so that it can:
a. Send information to members about the Society’s activities, for example, walks, events, talks and the Annual General Meeting. The communications may be by electronic or conventional postal means.
b. Keep a record of Members for general administration of the Society and to ensure payments are kept up to date in line with the class of membership.
c. Send a biannual Newsletter and Programme to Members.
- The Society will ensure that it always keeps Members’ Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
- The Society will not pass Members’ data on to any person or organisation, except as required by law.
- When a Member ceases to be a Member, their details will be removed from current mailing lists immediately subject to any statutory or other legal requirements.
- Members have the right to require the Society to cease holding their data and ask for it to be removed. However, this will affect the Society’s ability to maintain the individual’s membership and/or communicate with Members about the Society’s activities.
- The Society uses a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver emails. The Society gathers statistics about email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help it monitor and improve its emails. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy statement.
If you have any questions about this statement or require the removal of your data from our files please email the Membership Secretary at email@example.com
You may also unsubscribe from emails from the Society by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link on any Society email, but note the Society will be unable to inform you of any of the Society’s activities.