ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Gower Society
(charity reg. no. 1172919)
Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held
on Saturday, 3 November 2018, at 10:30am at
The Community Centre, Victoria Road, Penclawdd, SA4 3FJ
1. To receive apologies.
2. To receive a financial report from the Treasurer.
3. To approve the appointment of Gerald Thomas, Chartered Accountants, Swansea to carry out an audit of the accounts of the Society for 2019 as prescribed by The Charities Act 2011.
4. To receive a report of the activities of the Society for the past year from the Chairman.
5. To elect the Officers for 2018/19. In addition to any others whose nomination has been received by the Secretary by Friday 26 October 2018, the following have been nominated by the board:
President: Byron Davies
Chairman: Robin Kirby
Vice Chairpersons: Guto ap Gwent and Jill Burgess
Secretary: Audrey Frank
Treasurer: Steven Williams
6. To elect trustees for the eight vacancies. In addition to any others whose nomination has been received by the Secretary by Friday 26 October 2018, the following have been nominated by the board:
Robin Kirby and Guto ap Gwent, both of whom retire by rotation but offer themselves for re-election
Edward Harris and Alexia Thomas, both of whom were elected by the trustees at their first meeting on 11 July 2017 until this annual general meeting but offer themselves for election. Thomas Methuen-Campbell.
7. To determine the amounts of the annual subscriptions. The board recommend the amounts, namely £20 for individuals, family and group, remain the same.
8. Any other charitable business. No resolutions are permitted.
The above meeting relates to the incorporated charity that was registerred on 9 May 2017 and pursuant to its constitution must be held within 18 months of registration. As the business of The Gower Society continues under the unincorporated charity reg. no. 258372, whose assets have not yet been transferred to the incorporated charity, the reports in items 2 and 4 above will be brief given that reports for the year end 31 December 2017 were presented at the annual general meeting of the unincorporated charity on 5 May 2018.
Following the meeting there will be special general meeting to consider and approve amendments to the constitution.
A R Kirby, Chairman. 19 September 2018.< Back